The Faculty values international diversity of our student population. Each year, over 350 incoming exchange students are admitted to study under our Faculty.
Exchange students must:
- be officially nominated by home universities
- be in good academic standing (minimum grade average of 70%)
- achieve English language proficiency
Nominated students will be informed of the online application procedures via email after the nomination deadline. Upon completion of the online exchange application, nominees are required to send us the following original documents via home university.
1. Check List
2. Academic transcripts (if these documents are not in English, they must be accompanied by a certified translation in English.);
3. English Language requirement
Changes for the 2016/2017 admission cycle:
If English is not the nominee’s first language or teaching medium in home institution is not English, nominees will need a recognised English Language qualification to be admitted into the exchange programme.
Please refer to Part B (including International Qualifications and Qualifications of Specific Countries/Places) of the University’s entrance requirements at http://www.aal.hku.hk/admissions/international/admissions-information?page=en/university-entrance-requirements for the list of acceptable minimum qualifications.
Exchange applicants may also have the option of submitting a recommendation letter from an academic staff from home institution certifying English proficiency.
Applicants whose native language and the medium of instruction of home institution is English, will have to upload the English statement signed by home university in their online application.
*** The University of Hong Kong reserves the right to ask for further proof of sufficient English language proficiency.
Note: For Hall Membership Application, please see the details at the following website:
4. Passport copy
5. Visa Application documents
Send us the visa application documents along with the exchange application documents in the same post.
Nominees should check carefully to see which office they should approach for the visa application:
China Affair Office (CAO)
Mainland China students, and Chinese students from institution outside China, please visit http://www.als.hku.hk/hkucao/svapp_e.php for further information.
Centre of Development and Resources for Students (CEDARS)
Non-local students with nationalities other than China, or Chinese nationals with residency in overseas, please visit http://www.cedars.hku.hk/sections/campuslife/VisaMatters/FormsNotes.php for further information.
***All documents must be hand signed by applicants. E-signature or soft copies will not be accepted.
Send all the supporting documents to our office address as below:
Office of International Student Exchange
The University of Hong Kong
G/F Fong Shu Chuen Amenities Centre
Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
Attn: Sharon Suen
- For nomination: March 31 for Fall semester/whole year; September 30 for Spring semester
- For application: May 15 for Fall semester/whole year; October 15 for Spring semester
- Check List for Incoming Student for Registration
- Campus Map for Incoming Exchange Students
- Quick Guide on Course Selection and Enrollment
- Timetable and Calendar
- Courses Offered by FBE
- Courses Offered by Other Faculties
Application for Course Amendment (for ECON & FINA courses not listed in SIS) - The application is only open during 10:00 a.m 16 January, 2017 to 4:00 p.m 2 February 2017. This application link is for FBE exchange students ONLY. Non FBE exchange students' applications through this link will NOT be handled.
- The University of Hong Kong (HKU): www.hku.hk
- Faculty of Business and Economics (FBE): www.fbe.hku.hk
- Office of International Student Exchange (OISE): http://www.als.hku.hk/admission/exchange/incoming
- Centre of Development and Resources for Students (CEDARS): http://cedars.hku.hk/showext.php?id=cl_sissa
- Academic Advising Office (AAO): http://aao.hku.hk